How to Make Your Content Go Viral
Why do some things go viral while other don’t? This is one default question asked by many marketers out there.
Understanding the psychology of your target market is a must. As soon as you get your first 100 so-called customers, you need to create a persona.
Yes. This is what it looks like:
After identifying the proper persona, it’s easy to target your audience since you know their needs, motivation and goals. Finding a place where they dwell is the next step.
These places can be Facebook, Forums, Twitter, LinkedIn, Medium, Quora, Tumblr, News Magazines, etc.
You have now reached a stage where you know who your audience is and where they spend most of their time. Now, start analyzing the type of content that goes viral. How?
Here, BuzzSumo can help you.
BuzzSumo can tell you the most shared, trending article for your keyword.
Go to the top pages that have already gone viral and find out at least three reasons why that happened. It can be anything – maybe because of their already existing amazing website and popularity. Yes, here’s the challenge, you need to surpass all of it. You will find competitors for the content you are about to produce, but you can be smart.
Making your landing page look clean and intuitive is just one side – producing amazing quality content is the other, so it’s not easy.
Follow these steps:
- First, make your landing page look clean and good, this is the place you want your visitors to come to and read your content
- Make the page/blog shareable
- Add a comments section to boost the conversation
- Get rid of improper and annoying pop ups
- Use the proper title and heading, H1 & H2
- Use your top level keywords within the first paragraph of your article
- Use external links wherever possible
- Also, try to interlink to your own pages within your article
- Use proper images and give ALT attributes
- Adding an interesting and right video within your article is also good – this makes your visitor duration time go up
Once you have produced your quality content, it’s time to distribute it on the proper channels that you have already found as useful and where your target market is already spending most of its time.